Friday, November 13, 2009

Trailer Comment Weekly, Clash Of The Titans

This week we take a peek at Louis Leterrier’s remake of Clash Of The Titans.



Now onto the peanut gallery!

Annie Wilkes:

As a preview Clash of the Titans 2010 does everything it needs to get thirteen year boys in the theater. I know the Hydra will be a great fight and the flash of Athenian bikini tells me the sex scene between Persius and Andromeda will no doubt be equivalent to the USA Network broadcast of Lena Headey. The visuals effectively build with the music, then as soon as Titans.Will.Clash flashes across the screen I remember this is clash of the fucking titans. A film with iconic animation and imagery has turned in to a big budget knock off of Hercules the Legendary Journeys. Not to undermine the hard working animators, keyers and cg artist who made this effort in money possible, but the scorpion creatures that tease us in the first shot of the trailer might as well be the spider robot from wild wild west. When we combine generic cg creatures with the lack of attempt to develop a lead past, we know he’s a guy who is going to do something, most likely about “this",the trailer ,and what I can only assume the film is going to be, is just as derivative and uninspired as the commercially metal instrumental that scores it.

Arlin Golden:

How long before they make a $100 mil remake of Xanadu? I can see this conversation happening alot when this comes out "Man that movie sucked" "I dunno man, that part with scorpion was sooooo siiiick"

Evan Koehne:

I thought we had gotten over mixing hard rock music, slow-motion action and buff, angry, homosexual Greco-Romans. That was a bad cocktail last time and it gave us all hangovers.

I'd see this for the novelty of Liam Neeson and giant scorpions occupying the same screen time.

Steven Ray Morris:

I haven’t heard the generic metal music over a historical epic since before Lord of the Rings. I realize it is something I missed. Giant Scorpions? Sign me up!

Omar Najam:

First of all, I had no idea they were remaking this movie. And by "this movie" I obviously mean 300. Second of all, I think technology has finally caught up for them to remake "Clash of the Titans" where the claymation looks good enough to pass as CGI, we really have made progress. And lastly, I was hesitant, I'm going to be honest, I thought "I don't think they can capture the essence of the original" but the trailer reassured me that "TITANS. WILL. CLASH" and you know... I was really in need of more titan clashing in my filmic life.



The release is set for March 26, 2010.

Clash Of The Titans on IMDB

2 comments:

  1. That's a very nice sword penis he's holding in that poster...

    First Prince of Persia and now this? Why even acknowledge this crap anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this movie is going to be crap, and i'll tell you why. Ovid CLEARLY states time and time again in Metamorphoses that Perseus' sword is sickle-shaped. SICKLE-SHAPED, YOU IDIOTS!

    ReplyDelete