Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Remind me to thank John for a lovely weekend.

Hello one and all!

Welcome to Casual Tie Friday For Raptors a film blog written by eternal students of the cinema. We come from various tastes, backgrounds and hairstyles to bring you rants, raves and self-proclaimed thoughtful essays about cinema and anything we could relate to those 24 frames.

The goal is not to create another endless news blog that simply copies and pastes from all the various news sources. Our goal is to give our two cents and try and make sense of the mind-boggling universe of make believe land that we all hope to make a living in someday real soon.

My name is Steven Ray Morris a recent graduate of the UC Santa Barbara Film & Media Studies program. I am currently pouring over MFA apps so I can once again be a student. My comrades will soon be joining the fray, but I’ll post a brief article after this intro.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I'm afraid "Casual Tie Friday for Raptors" is too long of a title to catch on. These days you need a name that's quick and catchy. You know, a made up almost-word like blark or felp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on Kyle, you must remember most of the people writing for this blog are pretentious film majors or at least recently graduated film majors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as I can tell, the only writers here are you and Evan, so I will continue to believe that my unsolicited suggestions carry some weight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I just put this up tonight! Cut me some slack homie.

    And anyway you are welcome to write if you like. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am content with leading a snarky tirade from the peanut gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snarky tirades are better than tarky snirades. If you want a really catchy, made-up sounding blog name that'll catch on, maybe you should try that one.

    let's snag tarkysnirade.com before it's too late!

    ReplyDelete