Sunday, December 20, 2009

Casual Avatar Friday for Raptors (i.e. us)

que pasa, my raptor compadres! like all of you, i was at the matinee of Avatar in IMAX 3D on friday morning, silly sunglasses in hand and raging boner in pants (more specifically, raging ladyboner, since all of us here in Jurassic Park are females [also yeah that's right, raptors wear pants now]). obviously the film was the most amazing thing since the Ab Roller (i mean duh, like...obviously.) but what caught my eye, or should i say, my ears, was the all too familiar sounds of some of our favorite creatures (since we're all raptors, of course).

about 25 minutes into the film, Jake's avatar is out chillin in the jungle, touching plants erotically, and such forth, when he stumbles upon the Thanator, "the most fearsome of all Pandoran land predators" (yeah i used wikipedia, wanna fight?). the beast rears its ugly head, and belts out a mighty RAAAWWRRR that sent chills all the way down my dinorific spine, as well as my tail (since i'm a raptor). i knew that roar from somewhere....and then i remembered. THE FUCKING T REX! the Thanator had the same fucking voice box of the damn T Rex from our first filmic adventure (what was her name again? wasn't it Sheila? sweet kid)!

a little while afterward, Jake's begun his mating rituals in an effort to stick his blue hoo-hee into Neytiri's blue hee-hoo, and it comes time to learn how to ride the alien horsies and make her swoon or whatever. a bunch of 6 legged horses come rollin' up out of the jungle and shit and start grunting (does it count as grunting if your vocal cords are on your knees?). and i was like, WAIT A MINUTE! THAT'S US! yes my friends. Pandoran horsies sound just like us. these bizarre coincidences make one thing abundantly clear: evolution is real, and we dinosaurs and the Pandorans obviously had the same great great great great great great granddaddy somewhere down the line. join me in the fight against anti-science religious fundamentalism. kthxbai.

(if you have a problem with my using parentheticals after almost every sentence in this post, just leave me a comment and let me know [and i'll sniff you out of your burrow and spill your intestines with my 6 inch retractable razor claw, mmmk?])

1 comment:

  1. I noticed this instantly and thought it was particularly lazy of Cameron and the sound designers.

    ReplyDelete