Wednesday, February 17, 2010

People Looking At Art (a photo series)

Not really film related...sort of...anyway read onward!

As I got swallowed up by the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) while in New York City this past December I noticed a lot of people taking photographs of paintings...I found this a bit odd (although I soon became just as guilty). Why do we feel the need to photograph paintings? Are we going to print it huge at home and use it as a masterpiece doppelganger? Proof to our more skeptical friends? "Yes I did see the Les Demoiselles d'Avignon!! And here's the photograph to prove it!"

Anyway, I took it open myself to take photos of the people either taking photos of art, simply looking at it or even taking photos with the paintings!

Take a look...


#1


#2a


#2b


#3


#4a


#4b


#5


#6


#7


#8a


#8b


#9


#10a


#10b

I tried to come up with witty phrases for each one, but I'm not that funny and you guys and gals can do better. GO!

1 comment:

  1. #3: "I think this piece really highlights the color, like, on a wall... red just has this whole new context and emotion."

    #5: next thing you know they're gonna tell you the placard is bigger than the mona lisa.

    #7 holy shit, 18 y.o. mind blown by duchamp.

    #7 holy shit, i farted.

    texter spotted in #8a

    #8b waiting for a response

    ReplyDelete